Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 Trouble listing Metrics and Dimensions with Google Analytics Data API in SSIS Integration using Kingswaysoft Reply To: Trouble listing Metrics and Dimensions with Google Analytics Data API in SSIS Integration using Kingswaysoft

• Grayson

12 April 2023 at 3:23 pm

In the context of integrating GA4 with SSIS using KingswaySoft, I don’t have specific knowledge about KingswaySoft’s GA4 component. However, based on my experience with a UA to GA4 reporting project, I can provide some insights.

In Google Analytics, a metric represents a countable quantity, such as the number of cows. For example, if you have 10 cows, the metric is “I have 10 cows.”

On the other hand, a dimension provides additional details or descriptions about the metric. Using the cow example, you can have dimensions like the color of the cows. For instance, “I have 6 black cows and 4 white ones.”

It appears that when selecting a metric or dimension in the KingswaySoft’s GA4 component, there might be filtering implemented to exclude incompatible dimensions. For example, if you try to add the dimension “pagePathPlusQueryString” to your queries, you may receive an error message like:

“Please remove pagePathPlusQueryString to make the request compatible. The request’s dimensions & metrics are incompatible.”

Since you have purchased the product, it would be beneficial to reach out to KingswaySoft for assistance with the challenges you are facing. They should be able to provide guidance on how to access the necessary drop-down dimensions and metrics list for the Google Analytics Data API.

Please note that my response is based on general understanding of the concepts involved and may not directly apply to the specific implementation of KingswaySoft’s GA4 component.