Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 Possible Explanations for Missing Events per Client in Google Optimize-GA4 Integration

  • Possible Explanations for Missing Events per Client in Google Optimize-GA4 Integration

    Posted by Emma on 4 May 2022 at 3:38 pm

    Hey there, we ran into a strange issue after hooking up Google Optimize with GA4. Our AB test is on but there’s a big fat “0” in the “Calculated Events per Client” box. Has anyone run into this before?

    Little more info for ya:

    • The objective in the first screenshot down there is a GA4 Conversion, we checked and it’s working just fine
    • we set up another goal on “Pageviews” that fills up the “Calculated Events per Client” box with some numbers (take a look at the second screenshot)
    • we’re thinking it might be how many decimal places GO shows. But we did the math and we should at least see some 0.01 events per client

    screenshot 1
    screenshot 2

    • we poked around and tested the events. They’re ticking over just fine
    • GA4 tracking seems normal too

    Thanks a bunch for your help!

    Abigail replied 11 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Isabella

    Member
    19 June 2022 at 4:48 pm

    Alright, so here’s the deal. The same weird thing you’re seeing on your site with Google Optimize and GA4, I’m seeing it on my site too! GA4 seems totally fine, and according to Google Optimize it’s all set up correctly. But here’s the snag – it’s showing zero for experiment sessions. Also, your screenshot has this weird “Experiment Clients” thing. I’ve never seen that before, is it something to do with a server-side experiment? Just so as you know, we’ve set up our GA4 account with server-side tagging, but we’re doing just a normal client-side Optimize experiment. It’s a head-scratcher alright!

  • Abigail

    Member
    23 March 2023 at 11:22 am

    This issue you’re experiencing with Google Optimize and GA4 displaying “0” in the “Calculated Events per Client” box despite having your AB test running is unusual. Generally, such a problem shouldn’t occur if your GA4 Conversion objective, as shown in your first screenshot, is working fine and your ‘Pageviews’ goal is adequately filling up the box with numbers which you’ve shown in the second screenshot. One possibility could be an issue with the decimal places displayed by Google Optimize but even then, you should see some activity like 0.01 events per client. It’s good that you checked and found the events and GA4 tracking to be running normally. As it stands, this seems like a very specific technical issue that might need further investigation.

Log in to reply.