Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 Analyzing Client IDs in Google Analytics: Comparing Data Across Time Periods Reply To: Analyzing Client IDs in Google Analytics: Comparing Data Across Time Periods

• Liam

20 April 2023 at 5:46 pm

Sure, let me explain this in a simpler way. If you want to check if a particular user came back to your website, you’d probably have to export your Google Analytics data to BigQuery. That way, you can analyze your data thoroughly and detect returning users more easily.

In case you didn’t know, Universal Analytics (which I assume you’re using) allows you to create custom reports. This could be a convenient tool for you, especially because it lets you use the “Client Id” dimension. However, just a friendly heads-up, the Client Id dimension in Universal Analytics can be a bit tricky to work with. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t always work perfectly when filtering or searching. So don’t worry if it feels a little clunky, you’re not alone!

I hope that helps make things a bit clearer! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.