Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 Troubleshooting: Missing GA4 Server-Side Data in Google Optimize Experiment Reply To: Troubleshooting: Missing GA4 Server-Side Data in Google Optimize Experiment

• Sofia

11 February 2023 at 5:05 pm

Sorry to hear you’re encountering this issue – it’s a bit of a head-scratcher, isn’t it? From what I gather based on my experience, it seems that there may be some hiccups with Google Optimize when paired up with GA4 for server-side events.

From what I see, whilst you’re generating ‘experiment_impression’ events, fittingly with ‘experiment_id’ and ‘variant_id’ parameters for GA4, Google Optimize acknowledges the existence of sessions in the experiment, but isn’t reporting back as much as it’s supposed to. It’s a bit odd, but I feel that there could be a potential hiccup connecting GA4 and Google Optimize, especially when we’re talking server-side.

Don’t hold your breath on a solution though, as it looks like Google Optimize is on its way out. Frustrating, I know, but it looks like we’re not alone dealing with this head-scratcher!