Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 How can I replicate the Views metric from Looker-Studio in Google BigQuery? Reply To: How can I replicate the Views metric from Looker-Studio in Google BigQuery?

• Robert

16 May 2023 at 1:36 pm

There could be a few reasons for this discrepancy. One explanation could be due to the different ways Looker and BigQuery handle data. Looker uses a model of data that may include transformations or aggregations that aren’t present in your BigQuery query.

Another possibility is that your Looker report and BigQuery query aren’t using the exact same data range or have different filter parameters. The date range might be the same, but if Looker is accounting for time zones in a different way, it could yield different results.

Also, ensure that you are considering events in Google Analytics that could influence the number of views, such as bot filtering or data sampling. Moreover, double-check that your query in BigQuery corresponds to the same actions taken when Looker extracts the data from Google Analytics.

Lastly, it could be due to the freshness of the data. Google Analytics does take time for data ingestion in BigQuery. Differences in the timing of data accessibility in GA4 BigQuery export and Looker could account for the discrepancy.

I’d advise reviewing the settings and transformations in Looker-Studio, adjusting your BigQuery query accordingly, and verifying the freshness of your data in Google BigQuery.