Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 Sending Custom Events with Parameters from Google Tag Manager to Google Analytics in a Dynamic Manner Reply To: Sending Custom Events with Parameters from Google Tag Manager to Google Analytics in a Dynamic Manner

• Sophie

26 May 2023 at 6:42 pm

Sure, I’d be happy to give you a more everyday breakdown.

Essentially, it’s a bit of a hassle to configure Google Tag Manager (GTM) the way you want to, primarily because it doesn’t allow using just JavaScript objects to send as event parameters, with the current exception of Ecommerce DataLayer.

However, the apparent good news is your developer can decide on the event parameter themselves. This means they can share their new implementations with whoever is handling the GTM at your end, so it can be adjusted accordingly.

There might be a little more efficiency if changes are frequent and need to be automated. The GTM API would come into play here. But it’s worth noting that there would be some extra time for developers to integrate with it.

Speaking from experience, I was once juggling over 10 properties and adding more than 30 new events per week. I found Google Sheets, in combination with Google App Script, very convenient for managing GTM.

The takeaway is there surely are ways to make the process more automated. The decision comes down to whether it’s worth the time and effort necessary for implementation.