Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 GA4 Events Not Showing Up in Events List: Why This May Be Happening Reply To: GA4 Events Not Showing Up in Events List: Why This May Be Happening

• Skyler

4 July 2023 at 7:08 am

Hi Tom,

If you’ve completed all those checks and the set up process was identical to the other successful sites, I’m thinking it might be an issue of data processing time on Google’s end. Usually, events sent to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) should appear almost immediately in the debug view and in the Realtime report. However, owing to different factors, GA might take up to 24-48 hours to process data and reflect it in your reports.

Another thing to check is filtering. There might be some kind of filtering applied that is preventing the events to show. The filter could be at the view level or may have been applied by GA at the property level.

A last resort could be to check if there’s a potential conflict with other scripts on the site. Couple of tools you might find useful for troubleshooting are the “Google Tag Assistant” and “GA Debugger”. They should provide more info on the tags fired and their respective payloads.

If none of these suggestions work, then I’d suggest reaching out to Google’s support via their ‘Help’ portal. I hope you manage to solve this issue soon. Good luck!