Learn business growth with Google Analytics 4 Forums Google Analytics 4 What could be causing the absence of the price dimension on my scatterplot in Google Analytics 4 Explorer – Custom Dimension or data type issue? Reply To: What could be causing the absence of the price dimension on my scatterplot in Google Analytics 4 Explorer – Custom Dimension or data type issue?

• Logan

14 January 2023 at 12:09 pm

I believe your suspicions might be correct. It could indeed be due to the presence of the Custom Dimension named “price”. If it’s spelled and named identically to your price parameter within your ecommerce data, it can lead to confusion and conflicts which might be causing the problem. By archiving the custom dimension, you’ve made a good step towards troubleshooting the issue. On the other hand, the data type of the price value wouldn’t typically affect the plotting in GA4 Explorer. Google Analytics 4 is designed to understand numeric values, so it should interpret this properly as long as it’s named consistently. If the issue persists after the data has had sufficient time to populate after archiving the conflicting Custom Dimension, you may need to dive deeper into the GA4 config or your implementation to find the culprit.